What is a Global Terrorist Watch List search?
This search provides compliance with the US Patriot Act. It consists of a name check of the employee / potential employee hire against 45+ worldwide databases of known terrorists, fugitives, individuals, organizations, and companies considered to be a threat to global and national security. This search provides assurance that a potential hire has no known history of activities and thus is able to be legally employed. The listings are updated daily.
In addition, the Patriot Act requires the Departments of Justice and Transportation to certify that all drivers with commercial driver licenses hauling hazardous materials be certified as a “non-security” risk. This search can be utilized as a preliminary check against Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) prior to submitting a formal request through the FBI.
Sources searched include:
- United Nations Named Terrorists
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- Bank of England Sanctions
- World Bank Ineligible Firms
- Defense Trade Controls (DTC) Debarred Parties
- US Bureau of Industry Security – Unverified entity list
- US Bureau of Industry Security – Denied entity list
- US Bureau of Industry Security – Denied person list
- Turnaround time: typically 24 to 72 hours.
Why Background Profiles?
Immigration, international business, and open borders mean you never know where someone has been or with whom they have been involved. This is why we take the utmost care in helping you know who you hire with a thorough, in-depth screening process.
If you’d like to learn more about our Global Terrorist Watch List services, please contact your Background Profiles Sales Representative today at 1-800-800-0197.