BACKGROUND PROFILES PRIVACY NOTICE
The purpose of this privacy notice is to describe: (1) the types of information that Background Profiles provides in its products; (2) the types of sources from which Background Profiles obtains its information; (3) how the information is collected; (4) the types of entities to whom Background Profiles makes its products available; and (5) the uses that the information may be put. This notice also describes how for a fee you can obtain a copy of the non-public information in Background Profiles products that identify you.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
Background Profiles provides customers with individual contact information including name, phone number, address and other contact information. We do not maintain or distribute any non-public financial information, tax information, or employment information.
Background Profiles’ products that provide contact information include information obtained from public record sources such as courts, liens, bankruptcy records, and other public record information compiled from local, state, and federal governments. Public record information also includes those motor vehicle records that are available to the public without restrictions. All of this information is available to the public from various other sources including directly from its original source.
Additionally, some Background Profiles products contain directory-type or identifying information originally obtained from credit bureaus.
This information consists of:
- an individual’s name or alias including previous names such as maiden name or name from a prior marriage
- an individual’s address including his or her previous addresses
- telephone information
To a select group of subscribers an individual’s social security number with the last four digits deleted and the month and year of his or her birth may be included.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- Public Record Informationis information about an individual that is obtained from the records of a governmental entity and is available to the public. Examples of public record sources of information contained in Background Profiles products include records maintained by state and federal agencies, state and federal courts, and the state’s department of motor vehicles.
- Publicly Available Informationis information about an individual that is available to the general public from non-governmental sources such as telephone and business directories.
- Non-Public Informationis information about an individual that is not generally available to the public from public records or commercial sources. Background Profiles uses directory-type or identifying information that is originally obtained from the major credit bureaus. This identifying information does not contain any of the financial or credit information found in consumer reports.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Background Profiles obtains its information from various suppliers that maintain databases and obtain information from sources including the credit bureaus and local, state, and federal governments.
TYPES OF ENTITIES TO WHOM INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED AND USES TO WHICH THE INFORMATION MAY BE PUT
All Background Profiles products are available only to established professional and commercial users and to government agencies that will use the information in accordance with written agreement with Background Profiles which limits the customer’s use of our data. These customers primarily consist of employers, recruiters working on behalf of an employer, law firms, and state and local government agencies. In some cases, a client acting as a benefit administrator, may use our services. These customers use the non-public data primarily to locate individuals for purposes of disbursement of benefits.
OBTAINING COPIES OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IN BACKGROUND PROFILES’ PRODUCTS
-Copies of Non-Public Information
Background Profiles for a fee will provide individuals with a copy of non-public information about them that is available in our Public Record products distributed to established professional and commercial users. Individuals can request a copy by calling Background Profiles at 800-800-0197. Payment for these reports must be made by acceptable credit card in advance of the individual receiving the report.
Background Profiles uses but does not maintain databases of non-public information. Individuals wishing to correct any inaccuracies in non-public information about them made available in our Public Record Profile product should contact the credit reporting agencies directly. Contacting each agency directly will assist in ensuring that in the future correct data will be reflected not only in this Background Profiles product, but also in all products identifying the person that are released by the consumer credit reporting agency.
Each agency has its own procedure for correcting information in or obtained from its credit reports. The consumer credit reporting agencies that serve as sources of non-public information for our products can be contacted as follows:
P.O. Box 949
Allen, TX 75013
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
760 West Sproul Road
Springfield, PA 19064-0390
-Copies of Public Information Contained in Background Profiles Products
If an individual wishes to obtain copies of information from public or publicly available information sources or choose to correct inaccuracies to information in such sources the individual should contact such sources directly. These sources include local, state, and federal government courts and agencies.
- In the case of a Judgment Search individuals should contact the appropriate state, local or federal court.
- In the case of bankruptcy or liens the individual should contact the appropriate federal bankruptcy court.
- For automobile and license information, the individual should contact the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles.
The process of directly contacting the original public record source will assist in ensuring that information obtained by our various suppliers will be consistent and accurate.