What is a National Criminal Records/National Sex Offenders Check?
Need to know if someone has been convicted of a crime or is a sex offender? The national criminal records search’s primary goal is to provide a comprehensive criminal history for an individual; this search looks for potential criminal activity outside of the normal search areas of residence, work, and school locations. This specific search is separate from criminal records compilations maintained on the local, state, and federal levels.
National Criminal Searches are performed on aggregate databases of millions of records obtained from various sources in the United States. These records are obtained by commercial vendors from several different sources including county court houses, state departments of incarcerations, state record repositories, probation departments, townships, sex offender registries, etc.
Turnaround time: 15 minutes to 4 hours
- County Criminal Records Check
- State Criminal Records Check
- Federal Criminal Records Check
Why Background Profiles?
Background Profiles offers a combined National Criminal Records Database search and National Sex Offender list search in one comprehensive search.
- Our honesty and integrity mean cost effective savings by charging one price for a report that includes two searches.
- Our professionals recommend the right reports for your industry to reduce your risk. We do not recommend the National Database Search as the primary or only resource for conducting criminal background checks. It is simply a valuable complimentary tool for conducting a more thorough search by casting a wider net in the search for potential issues. All issues discovered should be confirmed through a direct county court level search.
- If your current background screening vendor does not confirm this data with a direct court level search, they may be putting you at risk. Please read the FTC Staff Opinion Letter for more information